Thursday, September 26, 2013

False Prophet by Donna Banta

False Prophet, my sequel to The Girls from Fourth Ward, is now available. 
"In the summer of 2008, the brutal murder of a devout Mormon widower sends Lieutenant Ryan back into the LDS community of Abbottsville, California. This time his investigation leads him inside the Mormon temple, behind the scenes at an LDS mission home, and into the workings of the Mormon campaign to pass Proposition 8."

Excerpt:

The old man lay face down on the living room floor, his frac-tured skull in a puddle of blood and one hand on the phone.
I turned to Gatz and Mosely from Forensics. “When’d you get here?” 
“Ten minutes ago. He was already dead, but not for long.”
I stepped into paper booties and approached the corpse. His other hand was wedged beneath his chest, forcing an unnatural bulge. I pulled a pair of latex gloves from my coat pocket. “Would you guys pick him up? I want to see what’s underneath.”
Gatz and Mosely lifted in tandem. I squatted down and turned over a blood soaked leather volume. Gold embossed letters spelled The Book of Mormon.
I shut my eyes and whispered, “Jesus Christ. Not again.”

Order the paperback and the kindle version here. (Hopefully Amazon will get me on the same page soon.)

--End of flagrant self promotion--that is, until my next post.

9 comments:

  1. You wrote another book! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's what I do when I'm not in church.

      Delete
  2. I read the sample and it sounds great! Is it a sequel to the first? Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jono! Yes, it's got some of the same characters in it.

      Delete
    2. Also in this one Lt. Ryan goes through the Mormon temple endowment ceremony

      Delete
    3. Is he well endowed? No, I don't want to know.

      Delete
  3. finished reading it yesterday. Delightful! I really enjoyed it. Kudos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it JJ. If you have time, shoot me a review on Amazon, or just pass the word. :)

      Delete
    2. And thank you again for reading it!

      Delete