From: Dennis Newsome, Stake Public Affairs Council and Local Romney Campaign Chair
Subject: the Mormon Moment
Romney has all but clinched the Republican nomination, and it is truly the Mormon Moment. Never before in its history has the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints taken such a forefront on the international stage. At long last, people far and wide will have the opportunity to view a clear and accurate portrayal of the Mormons, our beliefs, and what our organization stands for. And, as I'm sure all of you know...
- I won't talk about the doctrines of my religion.
- No. Next question.
- We love gays.
- I know all about women's issues because I have to listen to my wife.
- We're just not going to have a discussion about religion in my view.
- Want to borrow my King James Bible?
- We love women.
- I'm a strong believer of the faith of my fathers.
- I'm as liberal as the next guy.
- Don't go there.
- Did you know that Orem, Utah is Family City USA?
- We love blacks.
- I'm thinking of growing a mustache.
- We don't want a pastor-in-cheif.
- Because they were offended and wanted to sin.
- Want to see my tattoo?
- I never tap-danced on my mission. Not even once.
- We're not a weird people.
- Want me to do your genealogy?
- Guess what! I just won a skateboard competition.
- I don't even want my own planet.
- Believe me buddy, ONE wife's already more than I can handle! -- Snort.
- Why can't people just leave us alone?
- I don't know that we teach that.
- We've always had our enemies.
- That's a lie!
- No hablo Ingles.