Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Land A Guest Spot On Kori-Whore And Her Double-D's!

To: Abbottsville Fourth Ward
From: Donna Banta
Subject: How do Utah restaurants stay in business?

My dear friends from the Abbottsville Fourth Ward,

Because you keep me on your e-mail list I can only assume that you are a fan of deep and insightful writing, as well as reverent reflection. In that spirit, I invite you to read my recent offering about Utah cuisine on the blog of my esteemed literary colleague, Kori-Whore. Prepare to feel the spirit as you read, not only my piece, but older posts by Sister Whore, all of them lovingly crafted especially for Mormons.

Your sister in the gospel,
(snort)
Donna Banta

Don't stop there, check out Insana D's other great blog, the Brodie Award winning, Finding the Pony!

6 comments:

  1. Why thankyou very much Donna. You really are the matching D to my lovely bouyant pair of Double D's. Like you suggest on the opening page of your blog, this stuff almost writes ittself. I have great affection for some LDS people and my own family but the peculiarities and foibles of the culture and traditions make for some awfully funny parody. Thanks Mormons for being so damn hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know many Mormons who are near and dear to my heart, but yes, they are also hilarious. But then what culture isn't? Part of what makes the Mormons so over the top funny is that they are incapable of laughing at themselves. Too bad, because they could sure use a laugh.

    Love your new blog, btw. Have I told you that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sister Whore." ::snort!:: If only church services had been so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Donna. I think my other blog was a bit too serious. It was limited to mostly things that fit within the story line of the book so I hadn't included as many of my humorous pieces. This gives me a place to just cut loose. I appreciate your contribution very much. I plan to ride this one till it's not funny anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CD, thanks. God, church services sucked. Insana, don't worry, it will never stop being funny. Too much material.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So checking my reader stats it appears the best day yet came when Donna Banta posted her article. I think that means I should try to encourage more guest writers, including and especially Donna. Anything you see that is unfit and too irreverent for your most gracious and considerate blog, then feel free to dump it onto my foul and offensive site. As always, I love sharing with you, like a yeast infection or herpes. Enough for everyone!

    ReplyDelete